PANCE Prep Plan

I plan to take the PANCE around May 20, since my rotations end on April 14. It is difficult for me to plan out how I want to study for the PANCE as I have not taken my EOC yet. However, I think by starting to study in January will help me be better prepared for the PANCE. I have three rotations left and plan to do questions on neurology, orthopedics and urology during it. I will try to do 20-30 questions daily from ROSH and Kaplan and review them as well. Repetition is what helps me recall certain topics, hence I will also review the questions over the weekend or during my days off. The reason I selected neurology, orthopedics and urology is because on my clinical PACKRAT, I scored the least on these sections. Once I complete my EOC I will focus on the sections I struggled in most. 

After my rotations are completed, I plan to take a few days off to relax before I start studying for the PANCE. I intend to take the PANCE around May 20th. Based on the blueprint of the PANCE the major content categories are cardiovascular, pulmonology, dermatology, endocrine, ENT and GI. I will use the PPP book to review the topics. Since doing questions are effective for me to study, I will do 100 questions daily for the first two weeks. I will also review these questions and focus on the questions I answered incorrectly. Each week I plan to take a mock PANCE exam. This will help me build my stamina and also help me gauge what topics I need to study more. This is a very tentative and flexible plan. As I am closer to finishing my rotations, I will be more aware of what I need to focus on.